A Summer In Goulette

Once again I'd like to present to you an other nice coming of age movie from my country Tunisia. A Summer in La Goulette is one of my favourites really. The film portrays the religious tolernace in 1960s Tunisia with some love puzzles of confused young peole experiencing their first love. But again, just to be clear, like I said, I say that my attraction to this kind of cinema works is *part* of my passionate love for them rather than something separate. I love every aspect of the movie, and my attraction to it is just one of the many ways that I am passionate about them. In reality, there is nothing wrong at all with being attracted to those themes as long as respect and appreciation are the foundation for that attraction, which in my case it most certainly is, and so really my attraction to them does not make my love for them any less arbitrary than it would be without that attraction. In fact, like I said, it actually adds to it. It's also a lot more fun, enjoyable and rewarding and fulfilling to really love the experinces you're attracted to rather than to just lust for them and not care about them. I just...wouldn't do that. That's just so not me.

A Summer In Goulette

I know that the line between love and lust is often blurry to most people, but there's a clear difference between the two. To have attraction to some kind of movies *without* having that love and respect for them is what defines lust, where someone only desire for another but does not really care about them at all, which is a sad and terrible thing and not the way we were ever meant to understand the story of the film, and that definitely is *not* how I feel about was going on in my country back then *at all*.As far as I'm concerned, A Summer In Goulette reveals the most deepest kind of reationships which were occuring in a society where there were different people from different religions and economical status. That kind of a harmony atmosphere where all folks love eachother and there was no space for hatered or violence. Most Tunisians who saw the movie miss those peace days and that very open mentality of a community mostly affected by the French way of life.